The ownership and staff at Picasso Lawn and Landscaping offers the residents of the Greater Indianapolis area the most effective lawn care program for improving and maintaining the health, thickness, and color of your grass. For nearly a decade, our exceptional results have led to positive referrals that have exponentially grown our business. Our company looks forward to building a long term relationship with you, and continuing to do our part to keep this metropolitan beautiful.
Six Step Program
Our six step program covers the entire growing season, which lasts the majority of the year. Each treatment will be spaced approximately six to eight weeks apart for a steady supply of nutrition along with maximum elimination of weeds.
• The first step is done around the middle of March. Our staff will apply a pre-emergent product as your grass comes out of its winter’s nap. This will give it an immediate boost of nutrients, stimulating growth and making it more resistant to weeds.
• In the middle of spring, we lay down a post-emergent treatment, and blanket spray herbicide across the entire yard. This serves as both a prevention and cure, stopping weeds that have yet to start growing, and eliminating any that may have begun.
• The third visit, in the beginning of summer, will consist of spot spraying any weeds that may have survived the initial blanket approach. At this time, we also recommend a grub control application to protect the roots of your grass from assault by those underground pests.
• In the fourth step, another spot treatment of weed control is applied.
• The fifth step is a repeat of the fourth; any remaining resilient stragglers are eliminated.
• As temperatures cool down, and the grass recovers from the stress of the summer heat, we apply a fall fertilization as the last step in the program. This will have the effect of deepening the roots, enabling them to take in more nutrients. Your grass will be in a stronger position going into the winter’s dormancy, and ready for the next spring.
Aeration and Overseeding
Inevitably, the soil on your lawn will become compact due to many factors, such as rainfall, being walked on, and weather conditions. When this occurs, it can make it difficult for fertilizer and water to penetrate deep enough to get to the roots. Picasso Lawn and Landscaping strongly recommends you take advantage of our core aeration during the fall season, which will eliminate the compaction, loosen the soil, and enable the needed nutrients to easily soak through. The loosening of the soil will also enables easier travel of earthworms, making it easier for them to turn the soil from beneath the surface. After the aeration, we will seed the lawn with four pounds per 1,000 square feet of turf. The new seed will thicken the lawn, making it more difficult for weeds to get room to plant themselves.
Advantages of Our Company
We have lawn care technicians that have upwards of 20 years in the field. They have amassed an exceptional amount of knowledge, and have perfected their skill. Our team will go the extra mile to ensure your satisfaction. They will do so equipped with the best products and equipment. Lesco is the industry leader in fertilizer, and Red Zone will be used to eliminate your weeds.
In the region of Indianapolis, there is no company better equipped to handle your lawn care than ours. You can have professionals handle your lawn while you have more free time. Call us today or visit our contact page to find out more.